Episode 7. Proton Therapy: theories and practices from a radiographer’s perspective
Date: 12 January 2022
Moderator: Claire Harman. EFRS Radiotherapy Committee, Cork University Hospital, Ireland.
Speaker: Jesse Clarijs – de Jong. EFRS Radiotherapy Committee, Holland Proton Therapy Center, the Netherlands
1. Gain insight about the differences between photon and proton RT treatment from a radiographer’s perspective.
2. Grow knowledge in the theories and basic principles of proton therapy.
3. Be aware of the way the theoretical differences resonate into the radiographers’ decision-making process.
Episode 8. Online adaptive MRI guided radiotherapy – changing role of the therapeutic radiographer
Date: 25 January 2022
Anastasia Sarchosoglou, Chair of the EFRS Radiotherapy Committee, General Oncological Hospital of Kifisia “Ag. Anargyroi”, Greece
Jose Guilherme Araujo Seara Couto, University of Malta,
Speaker: Dr. Helen McNair. Royal Marsden NHS Foundation Trust and Institute of Cancer Research, UK.
1. Understanding adaptive workflow.
2. Professional responsibilities and the impact on radiographer role.
3. Education and training needs of the future.